1x2x1 By-the-Sentence Snippets: Domesticity III: Sharing
by Aki Midori
Title: 1x2x1 By-the-Sentence Snippets: Sharing
Author: Aki Midori
Pairing: Heero Yuy and Duo Maxwell
Warnings: shounen ai
Rating: PG for hints of shounen ai
diSClaiMErs: Gundam Wing and the characters that I will be using are not my property. I m using them merely for pleasure and, of course, to share the lu~rve. :3 However, Commodore Wilkins and the new pet are entirely mine, so... yeah.
It's been a long time in the making, but here it is now. ^__^ Enjoy, everybody!
DOMESTICITY III - SHARING
1. Commodore Wilking experienced his first dose of jealousy when one stormy night found his daddies bringing home a shivering, snivelling, daddy-stealing little kitten who looked as if it belonged in Daddy Duo's protective embrace since, like, forever.
2. The Commodore did NOT like this situation one bit; who the hell is that pernicious little feline cradled in his Daddy Duo's arms, and who died and gave it the right to kiss his Daddy Heero's cheek?!
3. Heero wasn't really planning on getting more pets, but when they came across the poor kitten on their walk back home from the bookstore, all wet and shivering from the onslaught of the storm, he wasn't able to deny Duo's silent plea to rescue the little kitty; honestly, with those big, doe-eyed amethyst eyes, Duo looked more pitiful than the kitten, and Heero couldn't help but cave in- again- before the request was even voiced.
4. Duo snickered to himself as he cradled the little cat on the way home; really, after all these years, Heero was still a sucker for 'the look'.
5. Eight PM found Duo and Heero tucking the little kitten in his new make-shift bed while the Commodore sulked behind the large couch, feeling hurt and abandoned by the two most important men in his young life; he was now contemplating running away, because that's what all children do when their parents find new babies to play with.
6. The kitten honestly thought he'd died and gone to pet-heaven, because never in his young life had he ever experienced such bliss- he had a bed, he had new daddies, he had a new home, and as soon as the sulky puppy gets over his petty jealousy, the kitten was pretty sure that he'd also have a big brother; and that was just so COOL.
7. The little kitty was small and fragile, its soft fur a mixture of sun-kissed orange, chocolate brown, creamy beige, deep black, and pure, snow white, and when it looks at you, you'll realize that its eyes are as beautiful and blue as the sky always was on Daddy Duo's favorite summer days; the little abomination was so cute and downright adorable, the Commodore couldn't help but feel as if he had nothing over the little kitty, and that pretty soon it'll be a dark, damp cage for him on the garage while the adorable atrocity inherits all of his priviledges.
8. Heero won dibs on naming the kitten because Duo got to name Commodore Wilkins; he smirked as he scratched the kitten behind its ear and declared that from then on out, the new 'kid' would be named 'General Starburst', because of the burst of colors splashed into its brilliant fur.
9. One sunny morning found Duo contemplating over buttered toast and freshly-brewed coffee about how his 'first-born' seemed a little too out of it the past few days; it was as if some thief snuck into their home one night and stole the brilliant light that usually shone on their favorite Commodore's eyes.
10. Heero's brilliant blues- as Duo often called his eyes- reflected something akin to pain as he watched the Commodore slink away from his touch, its usually-perky ears dropped in what seemed like total dejection.
11. Heero could actually hear his heart breaking, piece by piece; he never thought he'd live to witness the day his first-born would reject the food he'd been handing him under the table since, like, forever and it was like the Commodore was turning his back on their 'secret bonding moments'.
12. When the Commodore took another peek at how happy Daddy Duo looked so happy playing with the new kid, something in him shattered and it was then that he finally decided that it was time for him to go, because isn't that what true love is about (according to the movies they watched as a family, oh the pain!)... letting go?
13. It was only until recently that Duo found out why the Commodore was acting so glum- he was jealous, for Chrissakes, and it's so cute!- and one sunny afternoon found Duo trying to stifle a laugh as he watched his first baby struggle as he dragged his favorite toys from his basin to the garage.
14. Heero was downright worried when he couldn't find the Commodore in his basin, and was about to yell at Duo for laughing at such a grave and serious family issue, when he himself realized what the Commodore's sulking was all about; he smiled then, and couldn't help that the Commodore's jealousy was way too cute.
15. What wasn't cute, however, was the way the damn vet was flirting with Duo - HIS DUO!-, and if that stupid, fucking moron did not take that hand off Duo's shoulder, Heero swore that not even the Preventers could stop him from plucking said vet's balls off and hanging it off the nearest flagpole for the vultures to feast upon!
16. Duo didn't know what his lover's problem was, but when Heero snarled one more time at the friendly Mr. Vet, then by heavens, they're going to have a serious chat back home; the vet was friendly, dammit, and he even gave them free cat nibbles, so what in holy heavens' name was Heero cranking on about?!
17. The General, for his part, also had no idea what the Commodore's beef with him was, but he promised himself that he would make his two new daddies happy, and if it meant befriending the prissy bowow, then by golly, he would do it, even if it meant giving his 'older brother' his new kittie nibbles!
18. Heero didn't have a problem with people being friendly with his husband, but he was sure he had the right to be pissed off when he sees over-friendly vets- named Marc Anthony, for goodness' sake- slip a small pad paper with his number written on it on his unsuspecting husband's coat pocket.
19. Sometimes, Heero hated it when Duo was all sunshine and rainbows, like today at the veterinary clinic where he had all the people- especially Marc fucking Anthony- charmed and awed and practically eating out of his bare hands... even if those are the very reasons why Heero himself had fallen in love with Duo in the first place; he just couldn't help but feel as if those people could somehow steal Duo away from him, who was so not sunny and rainbow-y and charming at all.
20. It was during times like this, Heero thought as he sulked in a tiny little corner, that he wondered why Duo ever stuck with him at all; he was sulky where Duo was cheerful, sullen where Duo was bright, anti-social where Duo was a freakin' social butterfly, and downright selfish where Duo was so free and giving with his smile and charm and basically everything he had... he shared himself to the whole world, where all Heero ever wanted is to keep that beautiful person for himself.
21. Duo was known for his charm and wit and humor, but never for his patience, so when the door nearly fell off its hinges when Heero slammed it behind his back, a tiny vein in Duo's temple popped and the next thing both of them knew, he was screaming at Heero to fucking stop acting like a five-year-old and tell him what his problem is like a goddamn grown-up.
22. His problem, Heero yelled back, was that Duo was too fucking friendly that he didn't even notice it when people named Marc Fucking Anthony are practically all over his lap, with his slitering tongue two inches away from licking his ear, and he was fucking flirting with Duo and Duo didn't even know it!
23. Perhaps if Heero wasn't so paranoid, and wasn't fucking acting as if everybody and their goddamn uncles are out to either off him or rape him, then maybe Heero would understand that people could be fucking friendly, too, dammit.
24, /Friendly/, Heero scoffed as he threw the keys with such force, it nearly knocked their favorite lamp off; /the man slipped you his fucking number, and you call him friendly... so what are you going to do with that number, huh, discuss friendly matters and chat about swine flu or dog food or something as 'friendly' as that?/
25. The slam of the kitchen door resonated throughout the entire room and reverberated right into Duo's frustrated soul, but he didn't make a move to run after his husband; some issues are best dealt with alone for quite some time, especially if they are issues that doesn't really have anything to do with jealousy, but rather, insecurities, self-worth, and selfishness.
26. The Commodore was sulking in his tiny corner when he saw his Daddy Duo wander into the room, his eyes somewhat wet and tired; he immediately perked up and jumped onto the kitchen table so he could kiss Daddy Duo's troubles away.
27. General Starburst was wondering if anybody would ever pick him up from where he was left in the backseat of the car, but when he saw Daddy Heero storm off the house and stalk down the street as if hell was on his heels, Starburst resigned himself to the fact that he would probably spending the night in the car; at least it wasn't the street this time around, whoo boy.
28. Heero was halfway down the block when he remembered that he left their second-born on the car; he immediately pivoted on his left heel, stomped to his car, grabbed the bewildered little kitten and marched towards the general direction of... somewhere far away from his home and his husband.
29. The moon was full and soft and kind that evening, and the sound of the gentle breeze rustling the leaves of the nearby trees was a quiet comfort to a forlorn man who was sitting on a small sandbox with a sleeping kitten on his lap.
30. Duo rubbed the Commodore's chin as he gave his first-born a small smile; he wouldn't go after Daddy Heero this time, Duo explained to his baby, because Daddy Heero has to realize by himself that the world isn't out to get them anymore, and that they are /part/ of the world now, so he must learn how to share not only Daddy Duo, but also himself, to the very world that they almost gave up their lives for.
31. Commordore Wilkins had no idea what his Daddy Duo was talking about, because he hasn't learned his full english yet- the only words he knew as of the moment were 'sit', 'fetch', 'down', 'roll over', 'play dead' and of course, 'food' and Daddy Heero's favorite, 'ATTACK!'- but he figured that Daddy Duo was saying something really important because his face was devoid of its usual brilliant smile, and his eyes were a tad too sharp for little Commodore's liking.
32. The child should be at home, but he couldn't sleep, so he went to the park beside his home; it was a surprise to see a grown-up playing at the sandbox with a cute little kitten at his lap... he wondered, though, why someone would cry while playing at the sandbox, because really, it's such a fun, fun place to be.
33. Heero was surprised when a teddy bear was shoved in his face; he looked up to see a child with a beaming thousand-megawatt smile who shrugged and told him since he looked so sad and lonely, why don't he play with Mr. Snugglygoo for a while so that he would cheer up and could he borrow the cute kitty for a moment, please?
34. When Heero asked why, the kid gave another shrug and said that his mommy said it was nice to share, and that it would make people would be a lot happier if they would stop being selfish and just share their special things; special things, the child lectured in what probably was an imitation of his mother's voice, were best meant shared because these things are the ones that make people happiest, and don't you want to share that one thing that makes you happy, so that everybody could be happy too, and could he please hand that cute kitty over?
35. General Starburst really had no idea what the kid was yapping on about, but whatever it was, it made his Daddy Heero's face scrunched up, and his eyes even more teary, but the next thing he knew, the kid was smothering him with huggles and kisses and oh, it felt really nice to have his tummy rubbed... a little more to the left, please... ooooh, yeah, right there; Me-ow!
36. The kid, "My name is Naruse, Mister!", played with Starburst for a good ten minutes before he stood up, took Mr. Snugglygoo from Heero's lap, and declared that he should be home before his mommy found out he sneaked out again and ground him forever; with a big goofy grin, he waved good-bye to a flabbergested Heero and walked away... but not before reminding "Mister Heero the Sad Man" to smile more and share more, because it would make everybody happier, and wasn't he happy when "My name is Naruse, Mister!" shared his special teddy bear to cheer him up?
37. Heero stayed at the sandbox for quite a few more minutes, stroking Starburst's soft fur as he mulled over how nice it felt when the kid trusted him, a stranger, with his most special toy; something warm curled in his stomach and spread over his entire body, making him smile in spite of his state of agitation... was this how people felt when during the few times Duo shared his special smile to everybody else, and was this what he was trying to keep for himself because he was too selfish to share his Duo to the world?
38. The walk home seemed forever to take, but when he finally saw a light emanating from his home, and the figure of his husband sitting on the front porch with their first-born, something heavy and dark was lifted off of Heero's chest, making his steps lighter; the next thing he knew, he was running towards Duo, who was waiting for him with open arms and a smile much more beautiful and dazzling than the moon itself.
39. Duo didn't know what happened to Heero during his absence, and he didn't care either; what was important was that Heero was finally back, and his smile was brighter than the full moon itself, and his eyes... his beautiful brilliant blues, burning with so much love and joy and Duo couldn't help but fall in love with his husband all over again.
40. When Commodore Wilkins saw General Starburst peering at him from behind the rose bush, he walked over to him and bopped his head with his nose before he snuggled against the smaller kitten; after all, his daddies are embracing like no tomorrow, so he figured he should also give the shy kittie a hug, because even though he knew very little english, he knew that sharing hugs make everybody feel happier.
41. The sun's soft rays peered through the kitchen's curtains, creating lines on the kitchen table where breakfast were being shared by the family and Heero couldn't help but smile as he saw the Commodore pushing his milk bowl towards his brother.
42. Duo chuckled before he took pity on the struggling puppy; amethyst eyes twinkling at his lover, he pushed the bowl towards General Starburst, ruffled Commodore Wilkin's head and said something that the Commodore added to his english vocabulary: "Share."
I'm sure this is not the best I've got, but I'd appreciate it if you guys would drop a line or two. ^__^ Did you guys like it? Tee-hee. If you have any requests for the snippets, please feel free to suggest them to me!
- Current Location:ze batcave
- Current Mood: accomplished
- Current Music:Westlife - Catch My Breath