1x2x1 By-the-Sentence Snippets
Part II: Recovery by Aki Midori
Title: Preventer-ness Part II: Recovery
Author: Aki Midori
Pairing: Heero Yuy and Duo Maxwell
Warnings: slight angst, shonen ai if you squint
Rating: PG-13 for Shounen Ai
diSClaiMErs: Gundam Wing and the characters that I will be using are not my property. I'm using them merely for pleasure and, of course, to share the lurve. :3
I hope you would love this as much as you loved the others. Thank you for your enthusiastic feed backs, everybody!
PREVENTER-NESS PART II: RECOVERY
1. When Heero first came to, the first thing he saw was Duo drooling all over his bed-side, his hair sticking out of a hastily pulled ponytail, and his hand clasped firmly within his; he thought it was the most beautiful thing in the world.
2. Duo thought he was dreaming when he felt Heero's fingers ghost over his hand, but when he woke up and saw Heero's ocean blues staring right back at him for the first time in a hellish week, all he could do was return Heero's beautiful smile, and to whisper a thank-you to a long-forgotten God.
3. The flowers, cards, and banners strung all over the ceiling of his hospital room, Heero knew he could take, but for goodness' sake, what was Duo thinking when he tied up a pig balloon on his wrist when he was in a coma?!
4. If Duo ever so much said, 'Whoopee! Here comes the super rocket ship, open up the space port!' ever again, Heero would strangle his partner and best friend with his IV tube; or better yet, he'd shove that damned porridge into Duo's /other/ space port - the one where the sun's rays couldn't reach.
5. Quatre, Trowa, and Wu Fei had waited for-freakin'-ever to see Heero, but when they entered the room only to find the recuperating man snoring softly, safely ensconed within his sleeping -and drooling- best friend's protective embrace, they opted to bow out this time around, and let the two enjoy their well-deserved rest.
6. The hospital staff didn't know if they were to be amused or extremely annoyed at the two Preventers' antics, and could only opt to shake their heads as Duo flew by in a blur as he ran away from an enraged- and recuperating- Heero who was chasing down the braided baka as best as he could in his wheelchair.
7. Whilst not wanting for the same fate to befall upon Heero again, Duo couldn't help but wish that he be given more chances like this to take care of his best friend, because as far as he could remember, it was always Heero who was always making sure that Duo was happy, healthy, and well-taken care of.
8. However, Duo fervently prayed for patience as he tried to make Heero take his meds; by gods, if Heero didn't stop sulking for another minute, Duo swore he'd ground the pills to bits and sprinkle it all over Heero's well-loved nightly dose of super thick and creamy chocolate shake.
9. Wu Fei scowled as Quatre handed Heero his super thick and creamy chocolate shake, admonishing the blonde that such a treat was not advisable for recuperating patients.
10. Heero scowled back as he slurped down his super thick and creamy chocolate shake and told Wu Fei to go kiss his ass.
11. Trowa, bless his heart, was always the one who manages to get past the security radars of the nurses to regularly give Heero his Triple Decker Half-Pound Grilled Burger with BLT, much to Duo's chagrin.
12. Heero declared that Trowa and Quatre would be his new best friends, so Mother Duo and Father Wu Fei can go crawl in a hole and degenerate and he wouldn't give a damn so long as he got his nightly illegal rations.
13. When Heero saw a hurt look flash Duo's weary face, Heero immediately retracted his declaration and said that nobody would take Duo's place in his heart and life, even if the guy always made him take those awful, poisonous tablets parading as pills.
14. One afternoon, well after their other friends have gone home, Heero woke up to Duo holding onto his hand in desperation, his eyes brimming with tears that he wouldn't allow to fall; knowing that his best friend still wasn't over the entire incident, Heero could only clutch Duo's hand to his as the braided man whispered, "Don't you ever scare me like that again. Never again."
15. There are times where Duo would rather stay up all night, just watching Heero sleep and making sure he was OK, than to succumb to slumber where the dreadful memory of Heero crumbling to the ground as bullets pierced his body continues to haunt his dreams.
16. During those times, when it seemed to Heero that the one who needed time to recover was Duo, whose pain was far deeper than any bullet wound could reach, all he could do was to grab his friend to him and whisper in reassurance, "I'm here. I'm alright now, Duo."
17. They were arguing like hellcats again, this time over Heero's insistence that he wanted to get the hell out of the hospital and Duo's fierce refusal; Heero didn't really mean it when he told Duo to leave him the hell alone, but the words were said, so he could only watch in utter helplessness when something in Duo's eyes died right then and there.
18. "I only ever wanted you to be alright again, Heero," Duo whispered, his voice breaking as the onslaught of pain and weariness finally came down on him.
19. "I'm sorry," Heero whispered as he wrapped his arms around his friend's shaking shoulders. "You have to believe me, Duo. I'm alright. I didn't die. I almost did, but you pulled me right back to life. You won't let me die. You won't let anything happen to me. I'm here. Let it go now, Duo."
20. When Duo finally did, Heero thought that the only thing more beautiful than Duo's tears were his smiles; he vowed to bring those back as soon as they get the hell out of this effin' hospital.
21. When Heero was finally allowed to go home, Duo surprised nobody when he declared that his best friend was going home with him; armed to the teeth with forty-five thousand reminders and medical do's and don'ts, Duo flashed Heero a small smile that says, "Don't worry, bud. I'll take care of you."
22. Heero ignored the way Duo's eyes waggled suggestively as his gaze landed on the king-sized bed; really, what was his best friend thinking, the pervert?
23. When at night when the wind is coldest and the nightmares are most cruel, Duo could only run to his best friend's side and gather the flailing body to his fierce embrace in a desperate attempt to save Heero from whatever demon was chasing him.
24. Heero was downright mortified when he woke up one morning cradled in Duo's warm embrace, yet he couldn't bring himself to wake the sleeping man who probably spent the whole night making sure he was safe from his nightmares.
25. He couldn't help but think that his best friend looked most beautiful in the mornings, when the early morning sun's soft rays, peeking through the slat's of Duo's half-open blinds, find their way to Duo's peaceful face.
26. Duo wished that he would have the chance to wake up to Heero looking safe and at peace, ensconced in his strong embrace.
27. Afternoons find Heero burrowing deep into Duo's large, comfortable couch with a novel in one hand and a cup of hot chocolate in the other waiting patiently for the front door to slam, followed closely by an enthusiastic call of, 'Honey, I'm home!'.
28. Quatre, Trowa, and Wu Fei never thought they'd live long enough to admit that they actually missed the infamous Yuy-Maxwell Wars; seeing Duo trapped in Heero's headlock (because the former stole the latter's last piece of shrimp tempura) almost brought tears to their eyes, as they finally came to realize that yes, everything's alright now.
29. The whole of Preventer HQ was able to learn one thing from this entire fiasco: that the Yuy-Maxwell Dynamic would forever be the Yuy-Maxwell Dynamic, and losing one would mean losing the both; they'd all seen something in Agent Maxwell's eyes that said he was going to follow should Agent Yuy fall down, and that Agent Yuy wouldn't be too far behind where Agent Maxwell is.
30. The Yuy-Maxwell Dynamic was back and more vicious with their fights and brawls than ever, but Une couldn't care any less; he'd rather deal with petty bickerings any day than to lose not only two of the best men in her payroll, but two of the finest agents the entire organization has the pride and honor to have.
END PREVENTER-NESS II
What do you guys think of this installment? To be honest I had trouble writing not only this one, but also /any/ other story. I'm working on the next chapter of Wings right now, but I can't help but think that I've turned into an idiot storyteller 'coz it's been so long since I've written anything resembling a story. I'm hoping I'll get better with practice, in time. You guys tell me what you think, ok? And hang on. I'll be adding more snippets, and I'm going to work hard on writing 'Wings'. Thank you!
Post Blahs II:
The scene where Heero woke up was based on a picture by Link Worshiper's good friend. I'm sorry I don't have the actual link anymore, but I hope I did that picture justice with my description. ;
- Current Location:ze batcave
- Current Mood: amused
- Current Music:Westlife - Something Right